When making more expensive, once-in-a-lifetime purchases, most of us don’t know how to make that happen on our own. The window and door industry is a good example of this. We generally know we want something of quality and durability, but what are the criteria for establishing such? That’s where a specialty window and door contractor like Cougar Windows & Doors can help. If you’re looking for replacement windows and doors in Mesa, AZ, our team of professionals can guide you through the pros and cons of the well-known products on the market today, helping you make the best decision.
5 Things to Consider for Replacement Window
1. Security and Safety Priorities of Windows
It’s a good idea to buy windows and doors that are vetted against industry safety and security standards. At Cougar Windows & Doors, we take your home security and safety seriously. That’s why we ensure all of our window lock systems meet or exceed forced entry testing standards. Material and hardware are reviewed for quality and durability. Frames are evaluated on the strength of build and performance under stressful conditions that would occur in a break-in situation. If we wouldn’t feel comfortable using a particular product in our own homes, we won’t recommend it to our customers.
We also review lock systems and opening hardware for ease of use. This review makes everyday use of the product more enjoyable, but our windows must be intuitive for safety purposes. In an emergency, such as a house fire or a gas leak, a person needs to escape danger by unlocking and opening a window without effort or thought. In a state of panic, this can be a life-or-death situation.
2. Windows Energy Efficiency
There are many windows and door products on the market, and it’s hard to know which products are worth considering. Every manufacturer makes their products sound like the best thing since the invention of the light bulb. Whatever you decide, make sure the products you buy are energy-star-rated. Energy Star is a program promoted by the U.S. Environmental Agency and Department of Energy. Its purpose is to help consumers understand which modern-day products are the most energy efficient.
By helping to educate the public about which products conserve energy, consumers save money in reduced energy costs and reduce their carbon footprint. The program also aims to help reduce the environmental damage caused by greenhouse gas emissions from burning fossil fuels used to create electricity. Why does all of this matter? Because when you install replacement windows and doors in Mesa, AZ that are energy efficient, you are helping to care for the planet. In the long run, buying energy-efficient products is good for your wallet and the earth.
3. Creative Window Customizations
Are you looking for something a bit more personalized? These days, the sky is the limit. Windows can be crafted to your exact specifications to match your style preferences. Customization options include design, material, the color of frames, quality of glass, insulation strength, etc. You can even custom design windows with off sizes and odd shapes. If you need something unique, talk to our pro team about the possibilities.
4. Replacement Windows Expert
Not all home contractors are equal. General contractors are good at many things about home building and renovations, but they often lack specialized knowledge. Electricians and plumbers gain a deep understanding of their areas of expertise. It’s the same with a good specialty window contractor. It may seem like any home contractor can install windows. However, specialty window contractors such as Cougar Windows & Doors know the nuances of installing the different brands and product types. Little things matter when you install windows and doors. A poor installation will result in poor efficiency and performance, leaving you unsatisfied with the results.
5. Warranty Concerns for Replacement Windows and Doors in Mesa, AZ
Be sure to read the fine print. Even though most companies offer warranties these days, not everything is covered. Often some things are covered under separate warranties, such as the installation. If something goes wrong with your windows and doors, you’ll want to ensure you’re covered by a company that will honor their warranty without the hassle.
Free Consultation for Replacement Windows
When you’re ready to shop for new windows, then you can give us a call. We are always interested in sharing our expertise with the community. If you’re looking for a pro team to help you find the best replacement windows and doors in Mesa, AZ, for your home, stop by or call us. Cougar Windows & Doors can be found at 3820 E Main St Ste 1, Mesa, AZ 85205. You can reach us anytime during regular business hours at (480) 699-9066.
Replacement Windows and Doors FAQs
When is the best time to replace your windows at home?
- If you purchased a home with older windows, it might be time to consider replacing them. Or if you simply haven’t attended to your windows in a very long time, it is probably wise to have someone take a closer look. If you aren’t sure whether or not now is the right time for new windows, reaching out to those professionals may be the right move. Learn more.
Will new windows help with the electric bill?
- Newer windows can significantly impact your home’s energy efficiency. Effective windows keep air where it belongs, assuring less strain on your air conditioning and heating system. Some older windows may simply be past their prime and no longer performing in optimal condition. Here are some things to check if your windows need to be replaced.
Why are vinyl windows better?
- Vinyl windows are resilient, low-maintenance, easy to install, and generally affordable compared to alternatives. That makes them a potentially ideal solution for families who want to make their lives easier. They’re generally less expensive than wood and fiberglass windows, and they tend to last for around 30 years.